Friday, April 8, 2011

inkclots

i bleed ink. life force stains pages
draining soul to sheets to anchor spirit to ages
ancient pharaohs calling down gods from space
i retrace. my every intonation irreplaceable
indelible, inevitable offhand comments
drop hard enough to bomb notions; schools of thought
fall to my tongue. lungs synthesize nerve gas
my words pass through sonoral cavity, causing paralysis
notebook covered in bitemarks. i eat my words
full of myself, ouroboros and truly the worst
my beginning circles to consume my end
tighter than your day beginning when the last hardly finished
my name is spinach, getting in where i can barely fit
scratching paint from the walls and breaking cabinets
redecorating from jump as if i've made it my own
a rolling stone -- anyplace i lay my hat is my home.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAfxFEGF-wY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's an ouroboro? I like your profile description

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouroboros is a mythical serpent that eats its own tail

    "The Ouroboros has been said to have a meaning of infinity or wholeness. In the age-old image of the Ouroboros lies the thought of devouring oneself and turning oneself into a circulatory process, for it was clear to the more astute alchemists that the prima materia of the art was man himself. The Ouroboros is a dramatic symbol for the integration and assimilation of the opposite, i.e. of the shadow. This 'feed-back' process is at the same time a symbol of immortality, since it is said of the Ouroboros that he slays himself and brings himself to life, fertilizes himself and gives birth to himself." - carl jung

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Serpiente_alquimica.jpg/250px-Serpiente_alquimica.jpg

    ReplyDelete